Middle School Science Teacher
Woodburn Lutheran School is seeking a middle school teacher, primarily teaching science classes, for the 2017-2018 school year. This position requires a professionally trained educator legally qualified and certified to teach in the State of Indiana, to perform services as a full-time teacher in Woodburn Lutheran School. Interested individuals should contact David Van Spankeren at 260-632-5493, or David.VanSpankeren@wlsedu.org.
- Provide a high achieving educational environment where students are challenged to think critically and apply themselves.
- Instruct students using various methodologies to maximize effective instructional practice.
- Assess the learning level of each child, monitor student progress, and use student data to differentiate instruction to meet the needs of each student.
- Create a working relationship with parents to discuss progress and express concerns.
- Utilize, on a regular basis, the technology available at WLS to improve educational performance and parent/school communication.
- Indiana teacher certification in Middle School Science or a willingness to obtain certification
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Agreement with and the ability to further the mission and vision of Woodburn Lutheran School.